House: 220 m2 (2,300 sq feet)
Land: 2 acres
Lovely three bedroom home in the "Little Switzerland" section of Cartago Province. It's in a working coffee plantation gated community of only eight 2 and 3 acre lots... It has a pool and Jacuzzi and some of the most stunning mountain scenery in Costa Rica. From the terrace you have an unrestricted view of the Turrialba Volcano and other gorgeous mountain vistas. The property is blessed with several streams and waterfalls and many delightful water garden areas. It includes American appliances. This property is 1 hour from the beach, 1.5 hours from San Jose and 2 hours from the airport
Imagine waking up and having breakfast on the patio overlooking that magnificent mountain vista, with hummingbirds swooping in for a breakfast of nectar from the flowers. And you – you'll be sipping coffee made from your own coffee bushes.
The property is situated far above the Reventazon River -world famous for its rapids- and at night you can hear the rumble of the river, and the soothing sounds of nature... This together with the lights from the houses on the side of the distant volcano, and the thousands of bright stars above makes this a wonderfully romantic and peaceful place to live or vacation.
The property is gated and has a full time guard / handyman, but crime is simply not a problem in this rural farming community. You'll see the real Costa Rica here in the friendly waves of the locals and you'll find a great relief at being far away from the traffic, pollution and noise of the city.
Each home site is on a separate high point, one above the other, on the sloping terrain so that every home will have a clear, unobstructed view of the mountains. There are water gardens everywhere offering a quiet place to think, to dream, or to read.
This home is a bargain. The special sale price reflects the actual cost of building before the prices went up.
- Steel and concrete structure with composite tile roof
- Finished 2008
- Tile and wood floors
- Individual air conditioners and fans
- Very large master bedroom with three sets of French Doors
- Jacuzzi and bidet in master bath
- Second bedroom with French doors and large bathroom
- Third (small) bedroom or office.
- American appliances including dishwasher
- American baths, sinks etc.
- Large patio. Eat in the fresh air all the time
- High Wood ceiling in living room
- All services, phones, High Speed Internet, Dish Channel TV, Cell phones
- Taxes $100 per year
- Guard / handyman / yard man