- Land size: 95 hectares (235 acres)
- Sales Price: US$3,810,000
Located about 80 miles away from San Jose City (3.5 hours overland). The Arenal area is dominated by the imposing and perfectly conical Arenal Volcano (5,610 ft) and its adjacent lake of the same name. It is one of the most beautiful Costa Rican sites and it is strategically located 2 hours from Liberia Airport and 3 hours from Juan Santamaria International Airport.
The area and surroundings of Arenal Volcano, Lake Arenal, and La Fortuna are some of the most dynamic areas in the country with an increasing economic development that has had a spectacular growth in the last 10 years. More than 750 new hotel rooms, world-class real estate projects in a beautiful and unique natural setting, these values predict a sustainable and promising future.
Each person who visits Arenal for the first time marvels at its exuberant natural beauty. Everyone is looking to revisit this place and many come back to stay.
The Arenal area has a tropical climate with temperatures between 70 to 92 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the year. The rainy season lasts between June and October and a little less from November to May.
The main economy activity is tourism and services. It has been developing a long tradition of high quality ranching and the significant eolic energy production (from wind).
La Fortuna, the main town in the area and its surroundings has a total of 15,000 inhabitants mostly engaged in tourism and services.
The Arenal area offers a completely green lifestyle with no pollution, no traffic rumble, no noise, pure nature, only the enjoyment of natural life.
Year after year the supply of services grows without interruption. International restaurants, Hotels and lodging of different categories, thermal spas and others, make the Arenal area an attractive landsitethat allow people to enjoy nature in conjunction with modern life.
Things to do:
These are world-class activities to enjoy (and also develop) in the area of Arenal. Canopy, mountain biking, hiking,Bungee Jumping, Canoeing, Windsurfing, Hot Springs, Bird Watching, Rafting and many others ..
Built in the shape of an octagon to encourage free flow of movement and a shared experience, these homes offer an unmatched sense of relaxation and tranquility. Wide, wrap-around decks and exquisite landscaping invites nature to your doorstep, while marble countertops and teak floors give the interior an air of sophistication and modernity.
The curved nature of the rooms are perfect for large bay windows that dramatically frame your lake views and allow for an abundance of natural light to fill the structure.
Our homes have introduced the unique concept of a casita, an accompanying octagonal-shaped guest home, which offers visiting children, in-laws or friends, a comfortable and private retreat.
Other options for homes include a Jacuzzi, garage space and skyline swimming pool.
Standard Features in Home
- Imported Italian 6 burner stove
- Teak floors
- General Electric kitchen appliances and washer and dryer
- 120VAC, 220 VAC (American style outlets)
- Individual separate septic tank
- Satellite TV
- Cable TV and wireless internet available
- One or two story (option may depend on lot location)
- Casita (guest house)
- Expanded decking
- Infinity Swimming Pool available on some lots
Top Ten Things To Do in Arenal
On the shores of Lake Arenal and surrounded by miles of open space, Buena Vista residents have the outdoors at their fingertips. We've compiled the most popular activities in and around the lake.
- Windsurf one of the top windsurf destinations in the world. Lake Arenal provides a scenic backdrop and little or no boat traffic, making it a must-do among avid windsurfers.
- Watch lava cascade down the slopes of Volcan Arenal. Drawing hundreds of tourists each year, Arenal Volcano is one of the most active volcanoes in the world. Lava is best viewed at night near the Arenal Volcano National Park
- Hot Water Springs or naturally-heated pools, intertwined with an icy mountain river. The mineral and biological composition of the water has been proven to have positive impact on one's health, but if you need something a little extra, the spa offers a long list of soothing treatments.
- Stroll across a series of eight hanging bridges in a private nature reserve. Located in La Fortuna of San Carlos, Arenal Hanging Bridges allow visitors to explore nearly 250 hectares of tropical rain forest from a unique vantage point.
- Explore a labyrinth of underground caves with Venado Caves Tour. The caves were formed during the Miocene period, between 15 and 20 million years ago. Because the caves used to be below sea level, visitors can view marine fossils, along with the bats, spiders and crickets that now make the place their home.
- Float down the Caño Negro River near the Nicaraguan border through one of the richest biologically diverse regions in Costa Rica. Look out for sloths, turtles, monkeys and iguanas.
- Ride through the forest at the base of Arenal and along the lake in a mountain bike adventure.
- Trot up to La Fortuna Waterfall on a three-hour horseback ride tour. The waterfall stretches up nearly 70 meters and provides an icy natural pool at its base for a hot afternoon dip.
- Cast a line for a Rainbow Bass in the cool waters of Lake Arenal. Spend a half or full-day with an expert guide for an unforgettable catch-and-release experience.
- Soar off a 40-meter ledge with Arenal Bungee Jumping. With the steep slopes of Arenal as backdrop to this free fall, you can choose a jump at night or during daytime hours and never escape the incredible views.
- 2 BED / 2.5 BATH / 2+ Parking
- Price: US$980,000 MAKE YOUR BEST OFFER
- Land size: 18,396 M2 (4.5 Acres)
- Construction area: 371 M2 (4,000 square feet)