La Vida Mar, Irreplaceable Oceanfront Estate in Avellanas, Hacienda Pinilla
- Land size: Almost 1/2 acre
- Construction size: 700 m2 (7,000+ sq.ft)
- Bedrooms: 5 | Office
- Bathrooms: 5 1/2
- 2 A/C controlled Car Garages & Basement
On the Market for the first time, with an impeccable free and clear title to the beach line, La Vida Mar offers one opportunity to embrace the indulged lifestyle of Avellanas, the most famous guard gated Community in Hacienda Pinilla, where an abundance of meaningful experiences will bring together nature, peace and joy with your mind, body and soul.
The One and Only
There's no other beachfront compound in Costa Rica that can compete with the location of La Vida Mar. It is just ten minutes south of the town of Tamarindo, only 32 miles from Liberia International Airport and approximately 30 minutes to the new Flamingo Marina, which can handle all size yachts.
The home is located at the most southern end of the Hacienda Pinilla Community, which encompasses 4,500 acres, with a wide array of amenities, however, much of it appointed to perpetual preservation in order to protect its abundant wildlife, diverse flora and fauna. You must pass through a minimum of two guard gates to this estate home.
The Premier Beachfront Point on which sits La Vida Mar -within Avellanas Community- makes it impossible to replace since there are only 8 beachfront homes and 8 non beachfront homes in the subdivision, all sold out... For being on this point, La Vida Mar is blessed with direct access to its extraordinary white sand beach, and is also looking out to 5 different World Class surf breaks, a crystal clear water river estuary, and a long extension of evergreen protected mangrove that will ensure its eternal pristine natural surroundings... not to mention the glorious daily sunsets on the water since the house is facing west!
You can get to the acclaimed Lola's Restaurant destination on one side and Hacienda Pinilla Beach Club on the other with sand on your feet!
LA VIDA MAR LOCATION IS TRULY IRREPLACEABLE, THIS HOME CANNOT AND WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO BE DUPLICATED, IT IS TRULY THE ONE AND ONLY.
The Estate House
The home was designed by famous Palm Beach architects Colestock and Muir, and built by Cordoba Construction, a top firm in Costa Rica for over 30 years.
It has 5 bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms, 3 outside showers, two climate controlled garages and a full climate controlled basement.
The compound is totally self-sufficient all the way down to the basement with a 1,000 bottle wine cellar, indoor veggie grow room and huge caterpillar diesel generator. Full electric rolling gate for entering and exiting the property. The home is fully Air Conditioned including basement and both garages, split units and central A/C.
The Vero medical grade water system has been fully installed and produces the best drinking water possible. There is also a five filter system in the basement with a 10,000 litre holding tank.
The home comes fully furnished, a lot of the furniture is 100 percent custom for the home, the couches were imported and are from Restoration hardware as well as some of the beds.
The entire home is built out of concrete block and zero expense was spared during its construction. Every detail was thought of during the building process and almost 80 percent of the furniture and fixtures were imported from around the world and the US.
The master bedroom is completely glassed including a large sitting room, all A/C and all the windows pocket back. You can lie in bed or on the day-bed and watch whales breaching in the ocean from the comfort of the one of a kind master bedroom. The master bath has his and hers toilets and both closets double as safe rooms. The doors are stainless steel and wrapped in wood so no need to install any safes...
The jacuzzi has a propane heater so it heats to 103 degrees in 20 minutes or less, and the jets are ergonomically positioned perfectly for a soothing back massage after surfing or your favorite workout... Hacienda Pinilla is the ideal place for practicing sports, there's an 18-hole Golf Course, tennis complex and pickle ball courts, community gym, miles and miles of off road bike tracks and hiking trails, unspoiled sandy beach for joggers and runners, large horse stables for those equestrian enthusiasts and all owners to use, and, of course, the clean ocean and river waters to practice surfing, stand up paddling, canoeing and more...
The floors in the downstairs main living area are all imported Italian marble, the downstairs bedrooms are all stained concrete. The entire upstairs floor is made of the rarest of hardwoods called Dragon Wood. This specific Dragon Wood was reclaimed from the bottom of the Panama Canal during the expansion, only one other home in the country has this wood, and there is no more available! The owners purchased extra Dragon wood and had certain furniture including a 12 person dining room table custom made.
The home comes with a VERY trusted staff. It has been impeccably maintained since it was finished, including a head of maintenance who works five to six days a week just keeping the estate looking perfect. An indoor house keeper who spends five days a week keeping everything on the inside organized and sparkling clean. The original builder handles major maintenance, like restaining the wood flashing outside on a yearly basis, as well as a list of other outdoor and indoor projects that are on a yearly maintenance schedule.
The landscaping includes orchids on the property, special lime trees from Pavones, a big mango tree and a few other citrus trees...
- Free and Clear Titled Beachfront (only 5% of all Beachfront in Costa Rica is Deeded, the remaining 95% of the coastline is Government Lease).
- 14 Camera security system night vision, phone access
- Complete property Laser beam security system
- Home security system
- Security glass throughout the home
- Dragon Wood all upstairs
- All super high end fake grass with a 40 year life span
- USA Satellite system
- 120kw Caterpillar Generator
- Infinity Swimming Pool
- Huge beach beautification project completed
- Italian marble through down stairs
- High End stained concrete in down stairs bedrooms
- 80 inch curved 4kd TV in great room
- All imported Samsung HD TVs in all bedrooms
- 200 meg fiber optic internet with Back up system
- Vero medical grade drinking water system
- Huge five filter water system for showering etc..
- 10,000 litre water holding tank in the basement
- The home was designed to be very eco friendly. It has been awarded a bronze star for only using 100 litres of water per month for gardening etc due to all the artificial turf.
- Two safe rooms/his and her closets
- His and hers toilets
- Steam shower
- Jacuzzi tub
- Outdoor shower on second floor on a master balcony
- Two outdoor showers one on pool level one on basement level off the beach
- One Secondary bedroom is set up as a Nanny's quarters with a separate entrance and kitchenette on ground floor
- Upstairs can be shut off with a custom iron gate at base of stairs
- Both doors to suites upstairs are sound proof and have electronic locks
- There is also an office upstairs with electronic locks and sound proof door as well
- Total home surround sound system throughout including the pool area
- All TVs run by Sonos systems
- All railings are done out of stainless steel not iron to prevent rusting
- All A/C units and heaters are hidden behind concrete walls and steel doors
- Entire property is fenced, the fence is buried three feet underground for dogs etc...
- Can provide dozens of references on builder upon request
- New propane heater installed for jacuzzi in past ten months
- Pool and jacuzzi are salt water systems
- Surf racks installed in downstairs garage
- Bike racks installed in downstairs garage
- Multiple box freezers, one upstairs garage and one downstairs garage
- Extra commercial ice maker in upstairs garage
- Extra refrigerator in upstairs garage