STYLISH MINDFUL HOME for a Stress-Free Life
- Lot Size: 2,023 mt2 / 21,772 sqft / 0.5 acres
- Built area: 431 mts2 / 4,640 sq.ft.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 3
- Garage for 2 cars
Architectural hillside retreat. This stunning organic modern design home is on a half-acre lot in an ecological community with a mindful approach to modern sustainable living. The home is 4,500 square feet and was designed by a world-famous Costa Rican architect and includes custom ironwork by a well-known Canadian artist. Built into the lush green hillside for eco-efficiency, it has three levels that include 5 bedrooms, 3 living room areas, and 2 kitchens as well as a woodshop. These spaces allow for multiple uses as a playroom, artist studio, etc. High ceilings, spacious rooms, hand crafted wooden floor inlays, many windows, wraparound porches, and bright light abound.
This is truly the perfect home for indoor/outdoor living and entertaining. You'll find it easy to entertain family and friends with a fully equipped interior kitchen that includes gorgeous marble and hardwood counter installations, as well as a second complete outdoor kitchen on the ground floor. You will find plenty of terraces, as well as a 1,500 square foot yoga deck that can be utilized as the perfect space for outdoor gatherings with friends, or set up as your own oasis with lounging furniture or hammocks.
The master bedroom is complete with a spacious ensuite bath, walk-in closet and private terrace where you can look out onto lush gardens.
Living here, you will always feel deeply connected to nature. The home is surrounded by verdant trees that are visible through the many windows. A short walk will lead you through the jungle and to the nearby river that has gorgeous clear pools to swim in. Nature is all around and you'll breath in the fresh air and hear running water as you approach the river surrounded by mature trees. Enjoy countless fruit trees in your own backyard and throughout the community including cacao, papaya mango, acai, macadamia, jackfruit bananas, lemon and orange trees. The community encourages its residents to pick from fruits from the abundant trees. Find your own refuge in nature- a perfect place for hiking and meditation.
The community has many amenities including an Olympic sized chlorine-free salt water pool, yoga studio, a community school, weekly vegetable delivery from the permaculture garden, a beautiful open air community center made of thatch and teak with internet, electricity, full kitchen, tables, chairs and several hammocks. Craft and hobby spaces, a trampoline and kids park, multipurpose sports court made of recycled plastic. Fiber optic internet throughout makes this an ideal place for remote work or remote online schooling. This is the perfect home for a buyer seeking to connect with nature while living more sustainably, without foregoing excellent design, and the convenience of many local amenities.
- Private access to the nature reserve where you can find owls, monkeys, toucans, parrots, hawks and a host of rare butterflies and birds.
- 45 minutesto Playa Hermosa and Playa Jaco.
- 45 minutes to San Jose International Airport.
- 40 minutes to CIMA (renowned private hospital).
- Industrial grade washer/driver in large laundry room.
- Large indoor storage area on the ground floor.
- Master bedroom with ensuite bathroom.
- Large soaking tub.
- Woodshop area that can be converted into a sound studio or small apartment.
- Abundant Fruit trees.
- Fully thriving community with weekly deliveries of organic vegetables, vegan ice cream, goat products, organic grass-fed meat, organic local eggs and much more
- Sustainability centered community with composting, recycling and sewage waste going to digester to be utilized as gas fuel for the community. Solar panels and underground system from ponds to irrigate the land.